#31 Heidi Park – A seal of yummy

August 9th, 2009

@unclecj: Brief: NY-trained pastry chef (“kondiiter”) Heidi Park‘s business needs logo inspired by strong woman Vianne Rocher in Chocolat #logotypse

No logo menagerie would be complete without a monogram or a seal, and pastry have a long tradition of that so let’s keep it going. I balanced back and forward on this on when it came to how much old style decor I should use contra a clean and modern feel. Design time 2h 20min.

Download the Heidi Park logo »

Tomorrow is the last day this summer project, but this is the last logo based on a twittered brief so I want to start thanking for all the support I’ve got from everyone. And even if you didn’t get a logo, all briefs were fuel for the project, so thank you.

A special thank to Martin Thörnqvist at the music label Songs I wish I had written for letting me use all their music. Music in today’s screencast is Anorak and Other Complicated Words Beginning With an A – The LK.

3 Tweets

9 Responses to “#31 Heidi Park – A seal of yummy”

1. seoism says:

Pastry chef Heidi Park just got a logo. @unclecj you better go tell her to watch the screencast: http://is.gd/28Wcs

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

2. Emanuel says:

Tack själv! Så inspirerande att ta del av.

3. Christian says:

Thank you. Followed and enjoyed all of your screencasts. Truly a project that inspired.

4. Linda says:

Just wanted to say thank you for an exciting project. Submitted my brief too late, realized that when reading your blog texts more closely. I mentioned you on my blog (http://bit.ly/gsOwV), because this is truly inspiring! The music is well chosen, too. Wishing you luck & happiness in all your projects!

5. Tomas Seo says:

Thank you all! It’s been fun doing it as well. Now it’s back to work, but I will do a summary of the project from other aspects soon.

6. Heidi Park says:

I saw that you posted this a week ago, but did not see it until today.

This is fabulous! I like how you made the letters on the outside stronger. People had been complaining that they could not see my name in my old logo and therefore could not find my cookies in the store. I also think that it was genius of you to incorporate the croissant into the design. Few people know that the croissant cross-section honeycomb shape is the mark of a well-made croissant.

Thank you. If you are ever in Tallinn, you know where to get your free pastries 😉

7. parkheidi says:

@seoism http://is.gd/28Wcs really dig it! thanks for the logo!

This comment was originally posted on Twitter

8. Richard Gatarski says:

Heidi, and the other commenters, are right!

Tomas, you ended the project in style. The final week I was away on a scouting camp, even though that trip was really fun – I missed the daily screencasts from logotyp.se. Now when it is all over I will miss it even more.

On the other hand, I just found a reason to go to Tallin 😀

Gratefully yours,
    /r

9. Lady Fi says:

Great project – very inspiring! Thanks for such a wonderful month of designing…